ART TORONTO: 2020 VERGE APPLICATION
VERGE SECTION CRITERIA
Ten 200-square- foot booths will be available at a subsidized price (CDN $8,000) for galleries that have been in business for eight years or less and who present innovative work by young and emerging artists. VERGE booths are distributed throughout the MAIN section of the fair. These booths will be highlighted on the floorplan and will have a contrasting color booth sign, to indicate the emerging gallery status. A maximum of five artists per gallery may be shown and eligibility for these booths is limited to five years. All work exhibited must have been made in the past three years and may not have previously been exhibited in Toronto.
Please ensure the following required documents are submitted for your application to be deemed complete and ready for consideration.
- Complete the Application Form, providing all the information requested.
- A complete application will include a deposit of CDN $500
- A statement describing the booth or exhibition programme to be presented at Art Toronto including a list of all artists (maximum five artists, maximum 500 words). Please be as specific as possible.
- List of all artists represented by the gallery.
- Gallery exhibition schedule for the last 12 months including participation in other art fairs.
- Minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 low resolution digital images of specific works you propose to present at the fair, including at least 2 images of your gallery’s booth at other art fairs. Images must be submitted in the form of jpegs uploaded with your application. All images must be labeled with the name of the gallery, artist, title and year.
- Any additional promotional material pertaining to your gallery and artists represented is welcome. All material must be digital and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Art Toronto Advisory Committee will review all applications based on quality of the works presented and overall proposal according to the Fair’s established standards and directions.
A Letter of Acceptance and Exhibitor Contract will be provided to successful applicants when the selection process is completed, beginning in June.
Those applications not accepted will be notified and the deposit refunded less the wire transfer fee (if applicable) and a CDN $200 administrative fee.
A signed Exhibitor Contract is required for participation by the deadline specified on it. Upon receipt of contract, exhibitors will receive the Exhibitor Services Package containing all information required and relating to: schedules, deadlines, booth customization, VIP program, tickets, security and shipping services.
Application Deadline May 10, 2020
Exhibitor Account Balance Due October 1, 2020
Exhibitor Registration and Move-in October 28, 2020
Opening Night October 29, 2020
* Show Dates October 30-November 1, 2020
Exhibitor Move-out November 1, 2020
VERGE Package Price:
200 sq. ft. / 18.6 sq. meters (40 linear feet of walls + 10 truss lights) CDN $8,000 (US $6,065)*
*US Dollar prices as reported in January 2020. All payments must be made in Canadian Dollars.
Included in price (per exhibitor):
• A standard 3-wall booth design comprised of 40 linear feet of 11’ (3.3m) high white hard perimeter walls painted white
• 10 truss lights
• Exhibitors badges (for staff only)
• 30 single-use admission vouchers
• Booth signage with gallery name, city and booth number
• Booth cleaning
• Inclusion on Art Toronto 2020 show guide
• 10 VIP Packages for gallery clients (names and contact information to be submitted in advance)
• Exhibitor internet connection
Additional optional fees such as additional lighting, furniture rental, electrical outlets, extra walls and doors and booth painting and flooring options will be listed in the Booth Design Package.
Art Toronto works to secure preferred rates with local and international shippers and customs brokers. This information will be supplied upon acceptance.
As per Canadian Federal and Ontario Provincial Law the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) must be applied to all goods and services bought in the province of Ontario and will be calculated onto all invoices received from Show Management.
Art Toronto reserves the right to make all exhibitor placements at its sole discretion. Special requests concerning location and space requirement will be considered based on booth size applied for and date of receiving application and deposit, but cannot be made a condition of participation. Art Toronto may, if necessary, change the location as well as change the shape of the stand if circumstances demand.